WLG Week 6 Return
WEEK 6 Newsletter
Time to stay focused!
You are all doing so well, you are over half way and the end goal is in sight.
For those of you doing the "Return" programme, your runs are getting longer and we know they may be a bit scary, remind yourself of what you have done to be successful up to this point in time. Allow yourself to trust your ability and work within levels that make you successful.
You are all doing so well, keep it up as we work through to the end.
Watch your Week 6 Meeting with Coach Bevan:
THIS WEEK'S SESSIONS
- Starting at Waitangi Park (Te Papa end of the park)
- Run up the pathway beside Waitangi Park towards the waterfront and turn right.
- Follow the pathway towards the boat mooring and turn right so you are running beside the waterfront towards Oriental Parade.
- At Oriental Parade, continue along the waterfront pathway, please keep left. You are running along the waterfront towards Oriental Parade.
- Everyone is running to time so please turnaround at half way on your watch.
The way we measure ourselves can have a massive influence on the way we perform. A lot of people create unrealistic measurements that lead them to feeling unsuccessful which often leads to them stopping. For this week's education we share an audio podcast that Coach Bevan put together about this topic.
The show runs for around 60mins, the key content starts around 5mins into the show.
Paula Newby Frazier is arguably the greatest female athlete of all time. In 1995 she was on her way to winning her 8th world championship when she hit the wall. This clip shows that some of the toughest athletes have to go through the biggest battles just to finish.
- After your Final Run we would love to catch up with you for coffee at Poneke on Clyde Quay Wharf - all the details and to RSVP, please click here
- If you find you need some support from us - GET IN TOUCH! We want to see you at the finish line so please talk to us if you are finding it difficult to get to sessions.
'Keep the chart on the fridge. Tick off each day as you achieve. Be proud to tell people.' - Pauline Sullivan