Saturday Runners - This Weeks Run
THIS WEEK'S RUN:
Rainbows were everywhere last Saturday at McCormacks Bay, and the hill team had a mixed bag of mist and sunshine - the glimpses of views were spectacular!
As we head towards the spring, we are getting ready for our next Get up to Five and Club10k crews starting in a week's time and RaceTeam Queenstown is ramping up also. We are looking forward to seeing lots of familiar faces returning as we head into the warmer months.
This Saturday we have 2 session options for you, again with different meeting points but both a 7.30am start.
THIS WEEK'S RUN: SATURDAY 25 August
Option 1: 60mins with a hill challenge
Start Time: 7.30am
Meeting Point: Barnett Park, Click here
There is plenty of parking at Barnett Park and toilet facilities.
Course Map: click here
Programme Options: 60mins with an extreme hill challenge!
Please run on the footpath at all times and keep left. Watch your footing and please take responsibility for your own safety.
- This is a 60min run which includes Soleares Ave - one of the steepest streets in Christchurch.
- From Barnett Park run along Main Road to the pedestrian crossing outside New World supermarket. Cross over at the lights and turn left, continue up Main Road to McCormacks Bay Road. Cross over Main Road carefully into McCormacks Bay Road.
- Run around McCormacks Bay Road to Soleares Ave. Turn left and run up Soleares Ave to the top.
- At the top, turnaround and run down Solereas Ave. to the bottom of the hill.
*This is very steep so please take care and look after your joints on the downhill*.
- At the bottom of Soleares Ave, turn right and run back towards McCormacks Bay Reserve to Main Road, cross over carefully and run back to the start/finish at Barnett Park.
- This is a timed run, you are running for 60 mins. If you still have time on your watches once you are back opposite the NEW WORLD supermarket, DO NOT CROSS BACK OVER TOWARDS BARNETT PARK. Stay on the left hand side of the road and continue out to Sumner for balance of time
Option 2: 5km or 10km - Free session!
This Saturday we have our Final Runs for our Get up to Five and Club10k crews, there will be no coaches on the course, but we would love to see you if you want to catch up with your running mates and get a session in!
Safety: All pathways are open and Hagley Park can be busy! Please share the paths and watch out for cyclists, dogs not on leads and others. Your safety is your own responsibility.
- From the start point, run through the middle of the park towards Hagley ave (netball Courts). Turn left at the end.
- Run towards the hospital and up through the middle of the parks
- Continue around the perimeter of South Hagley park until the 2.5km marker.
- Turn around and reverse your course back to the start
- From the start point, run through the middle of the park towards Hagley Ave (towards the Netball Courts). Turn left at the end fo the pathway.
- Run towards the hospital and up through the middle of the parks.
- Continue around the perimeter of South Hagley Park (following the pathway alongside Deans Ave, Moorehouse Ave, and Hagley Ave) until you get back to the hosopital - continue around through the middle of the parks again, your 5km marker will be along this pathway.
- This is an out and back course, run to your half way marker and then turnaround and reverse the course.
Inspiration and education
We have been doing this yoga sequence a bit lately and it is a really lovely way to release those tight runners areas ;o) Highly recommeneded!
Get up to Five and Club10k Early Bird Closes TONIGHT!
Our next Get up to Five and Club10k teams start week beginning 27 August. To register - visit the websites:
RaceTeam Queenstown - Registrations Open Now!
Lock it in team - RaceTeam Queenstown starts 10 September, commit to the training and experience this awesome event, RaceTeam registrations are open now!
Have a great week, see you soon!
The team at Extra Mile Runners.