Saturday Runners - This Weeks Run
THIS WEEK'S RUN:
What a spectacular morning it was last Saturday at McCormacks Bay Reserve. We had distance or time options for you and so you chose your session and enjoyed the views!
We are loving seeing familiar faces return as well as our new Saturday Runners working on consistency with your training - good work.
This Saturday we have 2 options for you - different meeting points so please check out the session details below.
- Run up Lyttelton St to Sparks Road, turn left.
- Run along Sparks Road until the pathway entrance that leads behind Centennial Park. Turn left into this pathway and follow Centennial Park perimeter coming out onto Rose St.
- Cross over Rose St carefully where indicated by cones and turn right, run up to Hoonhay Rd.
- At Hoonhay Rd turn left and follow all the way up to Cashmere Road. Turn left.
- Continue past the shops on Cashmere Rd towards Princess Margaret Hospital.
- Turn left into Ferniehurst Street, cross over bridge and take first right into Ashgrove Tce. Follow the river (on your right) all the way up to Barrington Street. Take care crossing over Barrington Street.
- Continue along Ashgrove Tce to Colombo Street. For those running 13km, when you get to Colombo St, do not cross over. Turn right, then take first right into Ernlea Terrace. Run through Ernlea Reserve (taking the pathway always closest to the river), you will come out onto Barrington St. Do not cross over. Turn left and Follow Cashmere Road - furthest marker 6km.
- KM markers out: 4km, 5km, 6km
Option 2: 80-90mins in hills
- Watch your footing as the surface on the trail is uneven
- Please make sure you can hear what is going on around your at all times, on Summit Road please turn off any listening devices as this road is open and there are no footpaths.
- Please keep left at all times on both Harry Ell and Summit Road.
- Run down Victoria Park Road to where the road forks off to Harry Ell Walkway (at the half way point of Harry Ell).
- Via left and join onto Harry Ell Track. Follow the Harry Ell Track to the top and turn left following Summit Road to your turnaround time.
- Continue along Summit Road until your half way turnaround time. This is an out and back run, turn around at a couple of minutes past your half way time and return back to the start/finish point.
Inspiration and education
This is speech from Al Pacino in the movie Any Given Sunday to watch when you are struggling to put your running shoes on and get out the door!
Have a great week, see you soon!
The team at Extra Mile Runners.