WLG Week 8
WEEK 8 Newsletter
The Final run is here
It's the final week, the countdown is on. We know you can do it, now it is time for you to achieve this goal! This is also the time to enjoy all the work you have done over the last 8 weeks, you deserve to pat yourself on the back, we are so proud of you!
Catch up after Final Run
After your Final Run we would love to catch up with you for coffee at Poneke on Clyde Quay Wharf. Click here
No need to RSVP, just turn up from 8.45am!
Watch your Week 8 Meeting with Coach Bevan:
THIS WEEK'S SESSIONS
- Saturday 7 July 7:30am
Final 5km Run!!
Meeting Point: Waitangi Park (Te Papa end of Waitangi Park*), Wellington CBD Click here
Course Map: Click here
There will be no coaches, it will be about you doing it by yourself. Bring it on!
*Note: the meeting point is at the Te Papa end of Waitangi Park
Some of you have been asking about the next groups start date, we love your keenness and planning!
Our next Get up to Five and Club10k programmes start 2 July, this is in Week 8 of your current programme.
We have a 7 week registration option for you which would see you joining in Week 2 of the next teams.
We would love to see you back, help you keep your habit of running up and see you take your running to the next level.
The 7 week registrations are open now via these links below:
Unsure which group to do?
If you are unsure of which group you want to do, please get in touch and we can help you figure that out and make sure you are doing the programme that suits where you are right now.
90% of the work is done. This time next week you will be getting ready to run the whole distance. By now you have done just about all the physical work that you need to do in preparation for the 5k run so now we want to address what to do next week to help be successful on Saturday morning:
- Keep to the programme. While you are close you still haven't finished, keep ticking those sessions off right up until Saturday.
- Have an early night next Friday.
- Devote some time over the next week to sit down and reflect on what you have learnt about yourself over the last 8 weeks. While we love that you are going to be running 5k or 10km next weekend if you go back to your old habits once it has finished the programme it would have been a wasted opportunity. Over the last 8 weeks you have learnt many lessons about how to be successful with exercise and how to include it in your life. By reflecting on these you can take them forward into whatever your next challenge might be.
- While you have not yet achieved the final finish line feeling, start to think about what you want to aim for next. The biggest mistake people make when they achieve a big goal is to not reset a new one quickly after completion. By planting the seed now you will be keeping yourself on track to keep exercise a part of your life for the long term.
- Share your experience with others. You should be proud of what you have achieved over the last eight weeks. Make sure you share the positive stuff with someone who you feel comfortable with.
Next weekend you are going to be achieving a massive thing. Allow yourself some time this week to remind yourself of all the progress you have made, you guys really have been awesome.
This is what it's all about at Extra Mile Runners. A community of people brought together by one common goal - running - to improve our ourselves both physically and mentally with a few laughs along the way! Thank you for being part of our team.
You are so close team..finish this off strong!
Coach Rach will be taking photos on the run day so bring your smile ;-)
'When the runs got longer I would give myself time markers to tell myself I was doing well. For example during the 15min sets I would tell myself I was doing well every 5mins.' - Anne Sweetman