WLG Week 7
WEEK 7 Newsletter
The home straight
It is crazy to think we are on the home straight. In just over 2 weeks you will do your final 5km run.
Keep up the consistency for the next couple of weeks, approach one session at a time and you'll be running to the finish line very soon!.
PROGRAMME: 5 MINUTE STRENGTH BASED WARM UP
From this week onwards (Week 7 & 8) we change the strength circuit at the start of the session to a 5minute strength based warm up. Our coaches will take you through these movements in the session. The warm up does not have any ground work, but you may still want to bring your mats if you prefer the ground option stretches at the end of the session.
Catch up after Final Run
After your Final Run we would love to catch up with you for coffee at Poneke on Clyde Quay Wharf. Click here
No need to RSVP, just turn up from 8.45am!
You have committed 8 weeks to working towards this goal. Reward yourself with a new running tee - you have earned it!.
Once purchased, we will post it out to you super quickly!
Watch your Week 7 Meeting with Coach Bevan:
THIS WEEK'S SESSIONS
Saturday 30 June 7:30am
Meeting Point: Shortland Park, Island Bay
Course Map: Click here
Saturday Session Description:
1. After your 5min strength warm up - we will walk down pathway to The Esplanade *start your watches once you have crossed over and are on the waterfront pathway*.
All runners run towards towards Houghton Bay turning at half way on your watches. Return Level: There will be a 4km marker out for you. This will be located at Lyall Bay.
All Runners: Please take extreme care crossing over The Esplanade in both directions.
We have hit the big end of the programme, you may find you get mentally and physically fatigued over the next couple of weeks. When we get tired it becomes harder to train and if you are also mentally tired it's easier to believe the excuses that we can use to get out of training.
As athletes we need to plan for the times when we are going to be putting the most amount of energy out by putting rest in. Here a few tips to make sure you have the right kind of energy over the final 2 weeks.
- 30mins earlier to bed: We know this may sound boring but going to bed 30mins earlier will give your body more time for recovery. Turn the TV off and relax.
- Nana naps: Ideally it would be great if we could all have a 20min nap every afternoon, but this realistically isn't possible for most of us. If you can try and have at least 1 nap a week where you simply lie down, close your eyes and concentrate of your breathing - just relax - this will give your body a recharge.
- Weekend afternoon naps: If you can't get weekday naps in definitely try to get a nap in on the weekend. Sunday afternoons are often a good time to take time out.
- Plan your timetable: If you fill up your timetable poorly you can create pressure on yourself to stay up late to get things done. Look over the next couple of weeks and ask yourself: Is this timetable going to make me tired? If the answer is yes, then try and make some adjustments, maybe ask your partner, kids or husband/wife to help you out with a few things.
- Lasty, don't party too much. Although we may sound like your mother, try and take it a bit easy over the next couple of weeks. You have put all this work in towards this goal - remind yourself of why you committed to this in the first place.
While we know these tips are pretty simple most of us don't do them. If you want to feel great leading into the final 2 weeks of training implement a few of these tips and you'll be on the path to success.
We are runners.
- You have come such a long way, make sure you take time to reflect on how far you have come!!
- Have we said how proud we are of you lately? ;o)
Our next Get up to Five and Club10k teams start in Week 8 of your programme. Below is a 7 week registration option for you so you can continue on with your team following your final run.
You can pay by credit card or debit card using these links below:
Get up to Five Early Bird - 7 Week Registration
1 x payment $260.00
7 x payments $37.14
(If you would prefer to pay by direct credit, please email us and let us know which group you want to register for and we will send you the details).
Do you want to do Club10k?
If you want to register for Club10k, you can do so via the website here, the earlybird rates are available now:
If you are unsure of which group you want to do, please get in touch and we can help you figure that out and make sure you are doing the programme that suits where you are right now.
'When you have a tough day, remind yourself of the last time you went well. Just because you have one tough day it doesn't mean that you won't make it. You will have another good run!' - Sue