Get up to Five WLG - You Did It!
5km & 10KM done!
Well done team, we are so proud of you!
What a fantastic morning for your final run. You have given 8 weeks of commitment, focus and training and you took on the final challenge of your final run.
Looking at the photos from this morning, you showed undeniable grit and determination, pushed through the challenges and really finished strong, that is something you should all be very proud of. Congratulations to you all - make sure you take take time to look at how far you have come!
Coach Rachel took quite a few photos, you can check them out below ;o)
An important way for us to get the message out to people about what we do at Extra Mile Runners are through your testimonials. If you feel like it and have the time, we would appreciate it if you could make a comment on this Facebook post sharing what your experience was like with Extra Mile Runners:
WHERE TO FROM HERE?
It is normal to feel a little "flat" after a goal is reached, so it is important to reset quickly and develop a plan for the next period.
With Christmas upon us, now is the time to relax and kick back with friends and family, but don't leave it too long before you get back into the routine you have created over the last period.
Here are a couple of tips that may help you to keep up good habits with your running:
- Try and stick to a routine of getting out the door 3 times a week. This may be for a light run, or a walk with a friend, the aim is to get your shoes on 3 times a week.
- Get friends and family involved. You have proven that running with a group has made you successful - how can you set this up so that you can use this tool to keep moving?
- Plan ahead. You know that planning ahead helps get out the door and do a session so how can you plan 3 sessions a week into your life over this time?
- Mother Nature. Get out and spend time in nature! Going for a walk or run in a beautiful place can be one of the most rewarding things you can do ;o)
- Re-set your goal.
- Look after yourself. If you have had niggles or injuries, now is the perfect time to sort them out! Yoga, stretch, massage and all that good stuff in preparation for your next goal.
Getting back into it in 2018 with Extra Mile Runners
Our first programmes for 2018 start the week of 22 January 2018. If you want to continue your running with the Extra Mile Runners team after Christmas and New Year, we would love to see you back!
You can register now via the websites:
> Get up to Five
On behalf of all the team at Extra Mile Runners thank you for being awesome, we feel really privileged to see you at your best, and we love how you embraced this experience. We hope to see you soon.
Rach, Hazel, Lua, Bex, Jordan, Adam, Larna, Sam, Jo and Bevan
The team at Extra Mile Runners ;o)