Get up to Five WLG - You Did It!
5km & 10KM done & dusted
Winter team - you are hardcore! It was a bit of a stunner this morning in the capital compared to some of the conditions you have had over the last 8 weeks. You have given 8 weeks of commitment, focus and training and you took on the final challenge of your final run.
Congratulations to you all - make sure you take take time to look at how far you have come, think back to that very first session!
Rachel took some photos, you can check them out below ;o)
An important way for us to get the message out to people about what we do at Extra Mile Runners are through your testimonials. If you feel like it and have the time, we would appreciate it if you could email us through a testimonial about your experience. You can email this through to Jo.
WHERE TO FROM HERE?
You have developed a routine with your running and we would love to see you keep it up. It is a good time to reflect on how far you have come and the impact running regularly has had on your life.
It is normal to feel a little "flat" after a goal is reached, so it is important to reset quickly and develop a plan for the next period.
Do you want to keep running with your Extra Mile Runners team?
Our next programmes start this week! If you haven't registered already, please get in touch - you can contact Jo and she will look after you and get you registered!
If you won't be continuing with us, here are a couple of tips that may help you to keep up good habits with your running:
- Try and stick to a routine of getting out the door 3 times a week. This may be for a light run, or a walk with a friend, the aim is to get your shoes on 3 times a week.
- Get friends and family involved. You have proven that running with a group has made you successful - how can you set this up so that you can use this tool to keep moving?
- Plan ahead. You know that planning ahead helps get out the door and do a session so how can you plan 3 sessions a week into your life over this time?
- Mother Nature. Get out and spend time in nature! Going for a walk or run in a beautiful place can be one of the most rewarding things you can do ;o)
- Re-set your goal.
- Look after yourself. If you have had niggles or injuries, now is the perfect time to sort them out! Yoga, stretch, massage and all that good stuff in preparation for your next goal.
On behalf of all the team at Extra Mile Runners thank you for being awesome, we feel really privileged to see you at your best, and we love how you embraced this experience. We hope to see you soon.
Rach, Hazel, Ella, Lua, Jordan, Adam, Larna, Sam, Jo and Bevan
The team at Extra Mile Runners ;o)